top of page
Please note that this is the only official Bayou's website
The Bayou does not have an official Facebook account
The Bayou Reception Hall
The Bayou Reception Hall
Weddings, Quinceaneras, Baptisms, Birthdays, Meetings, Conf. Etc
1111 19Th St Bakersfield, CA 93301 (707) 330-9046
- A non-refundable $500.00 retainer fee is required to save the date.
- A refundable $300.00 Key/Damge deposit is required at the time key is given out
- Balance payments may me made at any time in any amount as long as balance is paid 15 business days prior to event.
- The balance of the rental fee must be paid 15 days prior to the event
- All events must end no later than 12:00 am (midnight)
- Ceremonies may be held at the Bayou AT NO ADDITIONAL COST
- All receptions include: The Hall for the day you paid, tables and chairs (for up to 299 guests), and clean-up. t may pay for the rest of the ordered drinks. (Bar service is usually arranged prior to the event).
- A full service bar that includes bartender, cups, ice, napkins and bar set-up can be contracted through the Bayou with a minimum tab of $300.00.
- Other Bar options and promotions are available upon request.
- If you choose to supply your own beverages the following limits apply:
CANNED BEER or Keg beer, NO HARD LIQUOR (distilled spirits)
- 1 Keg for every 100 guest is allowed for a maximum of 3 kegs
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE TO BE SERVED TO ANY PERSON UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed outside the Bayou
- 1 security guard (contracted by the Bayou) per every 100 guest it's required
- Smoking is not allowed in the Bayou (ONLY OUTSIDE)
- You may get the key up to 1 day in advance (subject to reservations). Yet, there are conditions, the following apply: You may not leave lights on, AC or Coolers on, or Refrigerators. (The day of the event you may turn them on!--ask for details) Once you get the key, the Bayou it's not responsible if the hall gets dirty due to rehersal or high traffic on your end. Recall that the rental it's for one day only, thus getting the hall up to 1 day in advance it's a courtesy from the Bayou.
- No fireworks of any kind are allowed in or around the Bayou
- No cords are to be taped to the floor, also all cords may not interfere with foot traffic in anyway
- Confetti, hay, and nails of anykind are NOT allowed
- All decorations shall be made with the management's prior knowledge or approval (No outside decorators are allowed without the Bayou's prior consent)
- No chocolate fountains of any kind (i.e. Foundue pots or chocolate fountains)
- Candles may be used for decoration only when enclosed in glass and/or float on water
- Children must have adult supervision at all times
- Trash should be cleared from all tables, bar area, kitchen, etc.
- THE PERON(S)/ORGANIZATION LIABLE FOR THE HALL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS AND SHOULD AGREEE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE BAYOU FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR PHYSICAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO A LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE FACILITY, IT'S FURNITURE, FIXTURES, EQUIPMET, AND OPERATION ON MOTORIZED EQUIPMENT ON PREMISES.
- IT IS HIGHLY RECOMENDED THAT THE PERSON LIABLE FOR THE HALL RENTAL OBTAIN A LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERAGE AND INCLUDE THE BAYOU AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED.
- THE BAYOU IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACTS OF NATURE OR OTHER EVENTS OUTSIDE OF ITS CONTROL THAT MAY RESULT IN EARLY TERMINATION OF THE EVENT (I.E. INTERVENTION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT, POWER OUTAGE, WEATHER, FIRE, EXPLOSIONS, LABOR DISPUTES, ETC (CLIENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL LEGAL FEES IN THE EVENT OF COURT ACTION
Rules are subject to change
bottom of page